Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy "Poo" Year!

An unexpected absence in the elementary school this morning lead me to a gig with the first and second graders. With no faculty restroom on the lower level I ducked into the the "little boys" room before first bell. 

Immediately upon entering the double doors I was greeted by a small student looking up at me with pleading eyes.  The young man, naked from the waist down and in obvious intestinal distress, had just pooped his pants.  In an attempt to clean himself, he proceeded to empty the contents of his underpants onto the toilet seat - and all over the floor.

In his haste to remove the offending material from the toilet seat, he inadvertently dropped some under his feet.  When I arrived it looked like the lad had performed an Irish jig from the musical River Dance.  Footprints and speckles everywhere - including on his jacket and backpack.

With a wad of paper towels and a copious amount of hand sanitizer, I gingerly disposed of the socks and the remnants of his Spiderman undies and gently eased him back into his soiled sweatpants and boots.

The last I saw, he and the principal were waiting for his mother to arrive.  ~L

2 comments:

  1. LOL I hate to admit it but I can relate did the same thing at his age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Unfortunately, I was a sophomore in college.

    ReplyDelete