Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Can't Make Up This Stuff

Had this conversation at school recently.

"Want to see a picture I drew yesterday?" the boy asked, as his sixth grade classmates filed into the room.  "I like looking at pictures." I replied, generically.  Though crudely drawn in a spiral notebook- and heavily smudged from his hand repeatedly brushing over the intense pencil work - the artwork mildly portrayed a terrestrial theme.  "I can't quite tell what it is," I said, handing back his drawing.  "I see a lot of stars."

"It's a macaroni spaceship," he beamed, proudly admiring his creation of elbow-style pasta with flames shooting from the hollow ends.  "There's two of them - blasting off into the galaxy.  I named them Mach I and Mach II - but now I call them Mac I and Mac II for short." 

(The anecdote alone is amusing.  But, read his quotes aloud - with a voice afflicted with adenoids - and you'll  understand why I shared it.)  ~L

No comments:

Post a Comment