Journalism school taught me the Latin phrase caveat emptor - which means "let the buyer beware." As a former newspaper guy I understand the power of advertising and how it can persuade reasonable consumers into purchasing overhyped and mostly useless products - like magnetic bracelets, name brand bottled water and Rascal Flatts CDs. Until now, I've always had the ability to resist the temptation to try something new only because I've seen a cool advertisement. Unfortunately, this commercial got me. (Because the commercial is for an alcoholic beverage, YouTube requires age verification before viewing)
My 20-year hungover past has seen me consume numerous nasty beverages - boiled Leinenkugels with melted butter, Hershey syrup with vodka, and Miller Genuine Draft light. But just one can of Jeremiah Weed Lightning Lemonade has made me consider pledging my support for the revival of prohibition.
I hope Dos Equis is better. Stay thirsty my friends. ~L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment