Saturday, January 7, 2012

Will Power

Remember when Will Ferrell was funny?  I don't.

Ever since my mid-40s I've wanted to be a comedian.  After many minutes of dedication to the art of well-crafted humor I realized I'd never be a beloved American humorist like Larry the Cable Guy.

But, I'm getting pretty good at being not funny - like Mr. Ferrell.  He's great at it.  He's almost the Kathy Griffin of unfunny.  Watch any of his movies or Saturday Night Live skits and witness the master of not making people laugh.

Our lives eerily parallel each other.  We're both tall, the same age, and we make fools of ourselves publicly.  My blog has almost 20 followers and his career has nearly twice that many. And, we both drink Old Milwaukee.

Will Ferrell recently filmed this beer commercial.  Watch him nail the essence of non-humor.  Pure genius.  I'm so jealous.  ~L

No comments:

Post a Comment